Brighten Your Garden with Impatiens Wallerania and Sultani - Buy Now
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Impatiens sultani
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Guzmania
- Bromeliads, Flowering Pot Plants, Indoor Plants, Terrific Tropicals The Ideal Gifts
- Annas family
Impatiens Walleriana, also known as Busy Lizzie, is a popular flowering plant known for its vibrant colors and ability to thrive in shade. This easy-to-grow annual is perfect for containers, hanging baskets, and garden beds. In this guide, we will cover everything you need to know about growing, caring for, and enjoying the benefits of Impatiens Walleriana.
- Scientific Name: Impatiens walleriana
- Common Names: Busy Lizzie, Balsam, Sultana, Jewelweed
- Plant Type: Annual flowering plant
- Native Range: Eastern Africa
- Hardiness Zone: 10-11
- Bloom Time: Spring to frost
- Flower Colors: Red, pink, white, purple, orange, and bi-color
- Light: Partial shade to full shade
- Soil: Well-draining, rich, and moist
- Water: Regular, keeping soil consistently moist but not waterlogged
- Temperature: 60-75°F (15-24°C)
- Fertilizer: Balanced, water-soluble fertilizer every 2-4 weeks
Planting and Propagation
- Seeds: Start seeds indoors 8-10 weeks before the last frost date. Sow seeds in seed trays or pots, keeping the soil moist and warm (70-75°F/21-24°C). Germination usually occurs within 10-14 days. Transplant seedlings outdoors after the danger of frost has passed.
- Cuttings: Take 3-4 inch (7-10 cm) stem cuttings from healthy plants. Remove the lower leaves and dip the cut end in rooting hormone. Plant cuttings in a well-draining potting mix, maintaining high humidity and consistent moisture until roots develop.
Care and Maintenance
- Watering: Keep the soil consistently moist but avoid overwatering to prevent root rot. Water in the early morning to reduce the risk of fungal diseases.
- Fertilizing: Apply a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer every 2-4 weeks to promote healthy growth and continuous blooming.
- Pruning: Pinch back stem tips to encourage bushier growth and remove spent flowers to prolong the blooming season.
- Pests and Diseases: Watch for aphids, whiteflies, and spider mites. Control with insecticidal soap or neem oil. Prevent fungal diseases by providing good air circulation and avoiding overhead watering.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Impatiens Walleriana adds vibrant colors and continuous blooms to shaded areas, enhancing the visual appeal of your garden or home.
- Low Maintenance: These plants require minimal care, making them perfect for beginner gardeners or those with busy lifestyles.
- Versatility: Impatiens Walleriana can be grown in containers, hanging baskets, or garden beds, allowing for various design possibilities.
- Pollinator Attraction: Although not the top choice for pollinators, these plants may attract some bees, butterflies, and other beneficial insects to your garden.
Now that you have a complete guide on growing and caring for Impatiens Walleriana, you can enjoy the beautiful and long-lasting blooms this plant has to offer.