Bring the Sweet Fragrance to Your Garden with Ixora Superba Plant
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Fragrant Ixora
- Regional name:
- Hindi: Rangan, Rugmini, Kheme
- Tamil: Vedchi, Thechi
- Telugu: Korivi
- Malayalam: Thechi, Chethi
- Kannada: Kemmuni, Dodda Betta Sampige
- Bengali: Rangan, Rongon
- Marathi: Bandhura
- Rubiaceae or Ixora and Pentas family
Ixora Superba, also known as Giant Ixora or West Indian Jasmine, is an evergreen shrub native to India, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific Islands. This plant belongs to the Rubiaceae family and is known for its dense clusters of brightly colored flowers. The flowers are usually red, yellow, or orange and attract pollinators like butterflies and hummingbirds.
Plantation and Growing Conditions
- Location: Ixora Superba prefers full sunlight but can tolerate partial shade. Make sure to choose a location that provides at least 6 hours of direct sunlight daily.
- Soil: This plant requires well-draining, slightly acidic soil with a pH of 5.5-6.5. Amend the soil with organic matter to improve its fertility and structure.
- Propagation: Ixora Superba can be propagated by seeds, stem cuttings, or air layering. The most common method is stem cuttings, as it ensures the new plant will have the same characteristics as the parent plant.
- Watering: Water the plant regularly, keeping the soil consistently moist but not soggy. Ensure proper drainage to avoid root rot.
- Fertilization: Fertilize Ixora Superba every 4-6 weeks during the growing season with a balanced, slow-release fertilizer. Alternatively, you can use a specialized acid-loving plant fertilizer.
Care and Maintenance
- Pruning: Prune Ixora Superba after it finishes flowering to encourage bushier growth and more blooms. Remove any dead or damaged branches as needed.
- Pests and Diseases: Ixora Superba is prone to pests like aphids, scales, and mealybugs. Use insecticidal soap or neem oil to control these pests. Watch out for diseases like root rot, caused by overwatering or poor drainage, and treat them accordingly.
- Mulching: Apply a layer of organic mulch around the base of the plant to help retain moisture, regulate soil temperature, and suppress weeds.
Benefits of Ixora Superba
- Ornamental Value: Ixora Superba's vibrant flowers and lush foliage make it an excellent choice for landscaping, gardens, and as a focal point in any outdoor space.
- Pollinator Attraction: The brightly colored flowers attract pollinators like butterflies and hummingbirds, promoting biodiversity in your garden.
- Traditional Medicine: In some cultures, Ixora Superba has been used for its potential medicinal properties to treat various ailments, such as skin diseases, digestive issues, and fever. However, consult a healthcare professional before using any plant for medicinal purposes.
- Air Purification: Like most plants, Ixora Superba helps in purifying the air by absorbing pollutants and releasing oxygen.