Orange Hybrid Jack Fruit Plant | Artocarpus Integrifolia Orange for Sale
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Jack Fruit Orange Hybrid
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Vilaiti Phanas, Bengali - Dephal, Kannada - Deevigujje, Malayalam - Seema Chakka, Tamil - Seemepalakkai, Telugu - Seema Panasa
- Fruit Plants, Trees, Vegetable, Medicinal Plants
- Moraceae or Fig family
The Orange Hybrid Jackfruit tree is a unique variety of the traditional jackfruit tree (Artocarpus heterophyllus). It produces jackfruits with a vibrant orange flesh, a sweeter flavor, and a softer texture compared to the common variety. This guide will cover information about the Orange Hybrid Jackfruit tree, plantation, growing, care, and benefits.
- Site Selection: Choose a well-drained area with rich, loamy soil that receives ample sunlight. Make sure the location has a pH level between 6.0 and 7.5.
- Spacing: Plant the trees at least 25 to 35 feet apart to provide adequate space for growth and fruit production.
- Planting: Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball, and gently place the sapling inside. Fill the hole with a mixture of soil and organic matter, such as compost, and firmly press the soil around the base of the tree.
- Watering: Provide young trees with regular watering, ensuring the soil remains moist but not waterlogged. As the tree matures, reduce watering frequency.
- Fertilizing: Apply a balanced fertilizer with equal parts nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium in the first year. Increase the ratio of phosphorus and potassium as the tree matures to support fruit production.
- Pruning: Prune the tree annually to maintain a manageable height and encourage branching. Remove dead, damaged, or crossing branches.
- Pest Control: Monitor the tree for pests such as mealybugs, scale insects, and fruit flies. Implement natural or chemical pest control methods as needed.
- Disease Control: Keep an eye out for diseases like anthracnose, root rot, and powdery mildew. Apply appropriate fungicides and maintain good sanitation practices to prevent disease spread.
- Harvesting: Harvest the fruits when they develop a deep orange color and emit a strong, fruity aroma. Use a sharp knife or pruning shears to cut the fruit stem, leaving a small portion attached to the fruit.
- Nutrition: Orange Hybrid Jackfruits are rich in vitamins A and C, potassium, dietary fiber, and antioxidants, offering numerous health benefits.
- Culinary Use: The versatile fruit can be eaten raw, cooked, or processed into various food products such as jams, chips, and ice cream.
- Economic Value: Orange Hybrid Jackfruit trees have the potential to be a profitable crop for small-scale farmers and agroforestry projects due to their high yields and unique, appealing flavor.