Jacquemontia-Creepers & Climbers Garden Live Plant Nursery Indoor Outdoor Living Plants
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Regional name:Marathi - Jackvemontia
- Climbers, Creepers & Vines, Groundcovers
- Acanthaceae or Crossandra - Thunbergia family
- Botanical Name: Jacquemontia
- Family: Convolvulaceae
- Common Names: Jacquemontia vine, Skyblue clustervine, Blue trumpet vine
- Plant Type: Climbing perennial
- USDA Hardiness Zones: 9-11
- Bloom Time: Spring to Fall
Plantation and Growing
- Soil Requirements: Well-drained, fertile soil with a pH between 6.0-7.5.
- Sunlight: Prefers full sun to partial shade.
- Watering: Water regularly, allowing the soil to dry out slightly between waterings.
- Temperature: Can tolerate temperatures down to 30°F (-1°C), but thrives in warmer climates.
- Fertilization: Apply balanced, slow-release fertilizer every 6-8 weeks during the growing season.
Care and Maintenance
- Pruning: Prune in late winter or early spring to maintain shape and encourage new growth.
- Pest and Disease Control: Monitor for common pests such as aphids, whiteflies, and spider mites. Apply insecticidal soap or neem oil as needed. Check for fungal infections and treat with a fungicide if necessary.
- Support: Provide a sturdy support structure, such as a trellis, to help the vine climb and spread.
- Propagation: Propagate through stem cuttings, layering, or seeds.
- Ornamental Value: Attractive blue flowers and lush foliage make it an ideal choice for gardens, patios, and balconies.
- Pollinator Attraction: The trumpet-shaped flowers attract butterflies, bees, and other pollinators, promoting a healthy ecosystem.
- Privacy and Shade: The dense foliage provides privacy and shade when grown on a trellis or fence.
- Low Maintenance: Requires minimal care and is relatively drought-tolerant, making it a suitable option for beginner gardeners.
- Erosion Control: Can be used on slopes and banks to help prevent soil erosion due to its strong root system.