Kolkwitzia Amabilis 'Linnaea Amabilis' Beauty Bush - Available for Sale
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Original price Rs. 399.00
Current price Rs. 299.00
Overview and Basic Information
- Scientific name: Kolkwitzia amabilis, also known as Linnaea amabilis
- Common name: Beauty Bush
- Plant type: Deciduous shrub
- Hardiness zones: 4-8
- Mature size: 6-10 feet tall and wide
- Bloom period: Late spring to early summer
- Flower color: Light pink with a yellow throat
- Foliage color: Green, with a bronze tint in the fall
- Sunlight requirements: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil preferences: Well-draining, moderately fertile, and slightly acidic to neutral soil
- Growth rate: Moderate
Plantation and Growing
- Site selection: Choose a location with full sun to partial shade, ensuring at least six hours of direct sunlight for optimal growth and flowering.
- Soil preparation: Amend the planting site with organic matter, such as compost or well-rotted manure, to improve soil fertility and drainage.
- Planting time: Plant Kolkwitzia amabilis in early spring or early fall, when the soil is workable and temperatures are mild.
- Planting method: Dig a hole twice the width and the same depth as the root ball. Place the shrub in the hole, ensuring the top of the root ball is level with the surrounding soil. Fill the hole with soil, gently firming it around the roots. Water thoroughly to settle the soil.
Care and Maintenance
- Watering: Water Kolkwitzia amabilis regularly, keeping the soil evenly moist but not waterlogged. Reduce watering frequency once the shrub is established, allowing the soil to dry slightly between waterings.
- Fertilizing: Apply a balanced slow-release fertilizer in early spring, following package instructions for the correct application rate.
- Pruning: Prune Kolkwitzia amabilis immediately after flowering, removing dead, damaged, or crossing branches, as well as up to one-third of the oldest stems to encourage vigorous new growth.
- Pest and disease control: Inspect the shrub regularly for signs of pests or diseases. Treat any infestations with appropriate methods, such as insecticidal soap or fungicides.
Benefits and Uses
- Ornamental value: Kolkwitzia amabilis adds interest to the landscape with its arching branches, delicate flowers, and attractive foliage. It works well as a specimen plant, in mixed borders, or as a foundation planting.
- Wildlife habitat: Beauty Bush provides nectar for pollinators, such as bees and butterflies, and shelter for small birds and other wildlife.
- Erosion control: The extensive root system of Kolkwitzia amabilis helps stabilize soil on slopes and prevent erosion.
- Low maintenance: This hardy shrub is relatively easy to grow, requiring minimal care once established.