Brighten Your Garden with the Lantana Camara Erecta Cream and Pink Plant
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Lantana Cream N Pink Erect Growing
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Ghaneri, Hindi - Desi Lantana, Gujarati - Ghanidalia, Kannada - Nata Hu Gida, Malayalam - Arippu, Punjabi - Desi Lantana, Tamil - Arippu, Telugu - Pulikampa
- Verbenaceae or Verbena family
Lantana Camara Erecta, commonly known as Cream and Pink Lantana, is a beautiful, colorful, and hardy flowering plant belonging to the Verbenaceae family. This guide will provide you with detailed information on how to grow, care for, and benefit from this lovely plant.
- Origin: Native to tropical regions of Central and South America
- Type: Perennial, deciduous shrub
- Height: 3-6 feet (90-180 cm)
- Spread: 3-6 feet (90-180 cm)
- Flowers: Clusters of small cream and pink flowers
- Bloom Time: Late spring through fall
- Foliage: Green, rough-textured leaves with a strong, distinctive aroma
- USDA Hardiness Zones: 8-11
- Light Requirements: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil Preference: Well-draining, fertile soil with a pH between 6.0 and 7.5
- Water Requirements: Moderate, drought-tolerant once established
Planting and Propagation
- Seed Propagation: Sow seeds indoors 6-8 weeks before the last expected frost. Transplant seedlings outdoors after the last frost date and when soil temperatures have warmed up.
- Stem Cuttings: Take softwood cuttings in late spring or early summer. Root the cuttings in a moist, well-draining medium before transplanting outdoors.
Care and Maintenance
- Watering: Provide consistent moisture during the first growing season. Once established, water moderately, allowing the soil to dry between waterings.
- Fertilizing: Apply a balanced, slow-release fertilizer in spring and again in midsummer.
- Pruning: Prune in late winter or early spring to maintain shape and encourage bushy growth. Remove dead or damaged branches as needed.
- Pest and Disease Control: Watch for aphids, whiteflies, and spider mites. Control them using insecticidal soap or neem oil. Lantana is generally resistant to most diseases.
- Ornamental Value: Cream and Pink Lantana adds color and texture to gardens, borders, containers, and hanging baskets.
- Attracts Pollinators: Its flowers attract butterflies, bees, and hummingbirds, promoting biodiversity and pollination in your garden.
- Drought Tolerance: Once established, this plant is drought-tolerant, making it suitable for xeriscaping or low-maintenance gardens.
- Deer Resistance: The strong scent of the leaves helps deter deer, reducing damage to your garden.
- Lantana Camara Erecta can be invasive in some regions, so check with your local extension office before planting.
- All parts of the plant are toxic to humans and animals if ingested, so exercise caution around children and pets.
Conclusion Lantana Camara Erecta Cream and Pink is a versatile and hardy plant that adds color and charm to any garden. With proper care and attention, it will thrive and provide numerous benefits to both gardeners and wildlife.