Brighten Your Garden with the Erect Light Pink Lantana Camara
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Lantana Light Pink Erect Growing
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Ghaneri, Hindi - Desi Lantana, Gujarati - Ghanidalia, Kannada - Nata Hu Gida, Malayalam - Arippu, Punjabi - Desi Lantana, Tamil - Arippu, Telugu - Pulikampa
- Verbenaceae or Verbena family
Dwarf Poinciana, also known as Caesalpinia pulcherrima or Pride of Barbados, is a tropical, evergreen shrub or small tree known for its stunning, showy flowers and fern-like foliage. It is native to the West Indies and grows well in warmer climates. This guide will cover essential information on how to grow, care for, and enjoy the benefits of Dwarf Poinciana in your garden.
- Height: 6-15 feet (1.8-4.5 meters)
- Spread: 6-10 feet (1.8-3 meters)
- Foliage: Fern-like, bipinnate, green leaves
- Flowers: Vibrant orange, yellow, or red with long red stamens
- Bloom Time: Spring through fall
- Hardiness Zones: 9-11
Planting and Growing
- Selecting a Location: Choose a sunny spot with well-draining soil. Dwarf Poinciana thrives in full sun but can tolerate light shade.
- Planting: Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball, place the plant in the hole, and backfill with soil. Space plants at least 6-10 feet (1.8-3 meters) apart to ensure proper air circulation.
- Watering: Water regularly during the first few months to establish a strong root system. Once established, Dwarf Poinciana is drought-tolerant and requires only occasional watering.
- Fertilizing: Apply a balanced, slow-release fertilizer in spring and again in mid-summer to promote healthy growth and flowering.
- Pruning: Prune Dwarf Poinciana annually in late winter or early spring to maintain its shape and size. Remove any dead, damaged, or crossing branches to encourage a strong structure.
Caring for Dwarf Poinciana
- Pest and Disease Control: Inspect the plant regularly for pests such as spider mites, caterpillars, and mealybugs. Treat infestations with insecticidal soap or neem oil. Dwarf Poinciana is generally disease-resistant, but proper care will help prevent potential issues.
- Mulching: Apply a 2-3 inch (5-7.5 cm) layer of organic mulch around the base of the plant to help conserve moisture, regulate soil temperature, and suppress weed growth.
- Winter Protection: In areas with mild winters, Dwarf Poinciana may lose its leaves but will grow back in the spring. In colder climates, grow it in a container and move it indoors during winter.
Benefits of Dwarf Poinciana
- Ornamental Value: Dwarf Poinciana's vibrant flowers and lush foliage make it a stunning focal point in any garden or landscape design.
- Pollinator Attraction: The brightly colored flowers attract butterflies, bees, and hummingbirds, promoting pollination and biodiversity in your garden.
- Drought Tolerance: Once established, Dwarf Poinciana requires little water, making it a low-maintenance and eco-friendly choice for water-wise landscapes.
- Container Gardening: Dwarf Poinciana can be grown in containers, allowing those with limited space or colder climates to enjoy its beauty.
With proper care and attention, Dwarf Poinciana will reward you with its striking flowers and lush foliage, adding a tropical touch to any garden or landscape.