Brighten Your Garden with the Stunning Red Lantana Camara (Haldi Kumkum) Plant
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order, Maximum Convenience: Get Plants Shipped to Your Doorstep with Kadiam Nursery
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Sellowiana,Lantana Purple Creeping
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Ghaneri, Hindi - Desi Lantana, Gujarati - Ghanidalia, Kannada - Nata Hu Gida, Malayalam - Arippu, Punjabi - Desi Lantana, Tamil - Arippu, Telugu - Pulikampa
Lantana camara, also known as Haldi Kumkum, is a beautiful flowering plant known for its bright red flowers and attractive foliage. This versatile plant is popular in gardens for its low maintenance requirements and various benefits. This guide will provide comprehensive information on how to grow, care for, and enjoy the many benefits of Red Lantana Camara.
- Scientific Name: Lantana camara
- Common Name: Haldi Kumkum, Red Lantana, Spanish Flag
- Plant Type: Perennial shrub
- Height: 3-6 feet
- Spread: 3-6 feet
- Flower Colors: Red, yellow, orange, pink, or multicolored
- Foliage: Rough, dark green leaves with a slightly toothed edge
- Hardiness Zones: 8-11
- Light: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil: Well-draining, slightly acidic to neutral pH (6.0-7.0)
- Water: Moderate, drought-tolerant once established
- Temperature: Warm, frost-sensitive
Planting Red Lantana Camara
- Choose a planting location with well-draining soil and ample sunlight.
- Space plants approximately 3-4 feet apart to allow for air circulation and growth.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball and place the plant in it.
- Fill the hole with soil, gently firming it around the plant's base.
- Water thoroughly after planting.
Care and Maintenance
- Watering: Water regularly until the plant is established, then reduce watering frequency.
- Fertilization: Apply a balanced, slow-release fertilizer in spring and mid-summer.
- Pruning: Trim lightly after flowering to encourage new growth and maintain shape.
- Pest Control: Inspect for pests like whiteflies, aphids, and mealybugs. Treat infestations with insecticidal soap or horticultural oil.
- Disease Prevention: Ensure proper air circulation and avoid overwatering to prevent fungal diseases.
Benefits of Red Lantana Camara
- Attracts Pollinators: The vibrant flowers attract butterflies, bees, and hummingbirds, promoting a healthy ecosystem in your garden.
- Drought Tolerance: Once established, Red Lantana Camara is drought-tolerant, making it a suitable plant for xeriscaping or water-wise gardens.
- Deer Resistance: The rough-textured leaves are unappealing to deer, reducing the likelihood of damage.
- Erosion Control: The plant's dense growth and extensive root system help control soil erosion on slopes or embankments.
- Ornamental Value: With its bright flowers and bushy growth, Red Lantana Camara adds visual interest to borders, containers, and mixed garden beds.
Caution Lantana camara is considered invasive in some regions and toxic to pets and livestock. Check with local authorities before planting, and keep animals away from the plant.