Buy Miniature Holly | Malpighia coccigera - Wax Malpighia - Dwarf Holly - Singapore Holly
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Wax Malpighia, Miniature Holly, Singapore Holly, Dwarf Holly
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Malphegia
- Malpighiaceae or Malphegia family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate less, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Year-around flowering, Flowers in flushes throughout the year
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Form:
- Spherical or rounded, Upright or Erect
- Malpighia coccigera, also known as the Indian cherry or the Barbados cherry, is a small shrub or tree that is native to Central and South America. It is known for its small, round, red fruit that are similar in size and appearance to cherries. The fruit is high in vitamin C and is often used to make juice, jam, and other products. The plant is also grown for its ornamental value, with small, white flowers and bright green foliage. It is relatively easy to grow and can thrive in a variety of soil types, but it prefers well-draining soil and full sun. It can be sensitive to frost, so it is generally grown in tropical or subtropical climates.
To care for Malpighia coccigera, follow these tips:
Plant your shrub or tree in a location that receives full sun. It can tolerate partial shade, but it will produce more fruit if it receives plenty of sunlight.
Choose a well-draining soil that is rich in organic matter. The plant does not tolerate wet or poorly-draining soil, so make sure the soil drains well and does not stay soggy after it rains.
Water your plant regularly, but avoid over-watering. The plant needs a consistent supply of moisture, but it is sensitive to root rot, so be sure not to water it too frequently or let the soil become waterlogged.
Fertilize your plant with a balanced, all-purpose fertilizer. Follow the instructions on the label for the appropriate amount and frequency of application.
Prune your plant to remove any dead or damaged branches, and to shape it as desired. Prune in the winter or early spring, before new growth appears.
Protect your plant from frost. If you live in an area with frost, you will need to bring your plant indoors or provide it with frost protection in order to keep it alive.
By following these care instructions, you can help your Malpighia coccigera thrive and produce plenty of fruit.
Malpighia coccigera, also known as the Indian cherry or the Barbados cherry, has a number of benefits. Some of the potential benefits of this plant include:
High in vitamin C: The fruit of the Malpighia coccigera plant is high in vitamin C, which is an important nutrient for maintaining a healthy immune system and supporting overall health.
Ornamental value: The plant is known for its attractive white flowers and bright green foliage, making it a popular choice for use as an ornamental plant in gardens.
Edible fruit: The fruit of the Malpighia coccigera plant is edible and can be eaten fresh or used to make juice, jam, and other products.
Easy to grow: The plant is relatively easy to grow and can thrive in a variety of soil types, making it a good choice for gardeners of all skill levels.
Drought-tolerant: The plant is relatively drought-tolerant and can survive with minimal watering, making it a good choice for areas with low rainfall.
By planting and caring for a Malpighia coccigera, you can enjoy these benefits and more.