Stunning Michelia Yellow Flower Tree - Add Beauty and Fragrance to Your Garden Today!
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Original price Rs. 350.00
Current price Rs. 299.00
- Common name:
- Michelia Champaca Seemachal, Orange Champa
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Soan Chapha, Bengali - Champa, Hindi - Champa, Tamil - Champakam, Malayalam - Champakam, Telugu - Champakamu
- Magnoliaceae or Magnolia family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- More than 12 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 8 to 12 meters
- Plant Form:
- Spreading, Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Indigenous (native to India)
- Fragrant flowers or leaves
- Auspicious or Feng Shui plant
- Good for Cut flowers
- Plant for puja or prayer flower or leaves
- Attracts birds
- Recommended for creating shade
- Quick growing trees
- Evergreen trees
- Suitable for avenue planting
- Grows best in humid and warm regions
- Must have for Farm house or big gardens
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Over hundreds
- - Orange to light orange flower fairly large growing up to 5 to 6 cms long.
- Young branches covered with gray hair.
- The leaves are ovate in shape and up to 30.5 cm long, 10.2 cm wide.
- Origin Himalayas, India and China.
- Evergreen tree.
- Special reverence by the Hindus and is considered sacred to the god Vishnu.
- Commonly planted around Hindu and Jain temples.
- Various concoctions are prepared to treat kidney disease and to relieve inflamed eyes.
- Timber is also popular for making tea boxes.
- Also used for domestic fuel for these reasons, this species is becoming rare in the wild.
- Michelia is named in honour of Peter Antonio Micheli a Florentine botanist.
- Champaca is the Sanskrit name of the tree.
- The bark is browsed by deer. Parakeets and other birds devour the seeds.
- Champa oil used in perfumery.
- - Prefers rich soil that is slightly acidic.
- Prefers moderate temperature and high humidity.
- Planted in gardens and protected places.
- Plants cannot stand waterlogged condition even for a short period.
- Should be planted on western sides of homes as the fragrance in spring, summer and monsoon is divine.