Brighten Your Garden with the Vibrant Orange Justecia (Pachystachys coccinea) - Cardinals Guard Plant
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Orange Justecia, Cardinals Guard
- Acanthaceae or Crossandra or Thunbergia family
Pachystachys coccinea, also known as the Cardinal's Guard or Scarlet Lollipop Plant, is a striking tropical plant known for its vibrant red bracts and lush, green foliage. This showy plant is ideal for adding a splash of color to gardens, patios, or indoor spaces.
- Light Requirements: Pachystachys coccinea thrives in bright, indirect light. Keep it away from direct sunlight, as it may scorch the leaves.
- Temperature: This tropical plant prefers warm temperatures between 65°F and 85°F (18°C and 29°C). Protect it from cold drafts and frost.
- Watering: Keep the soil consistently moist but not soggy. Allow the top inch of soil to dry slightly before watering again.
- Soil: Choose a well-draining, fertile soil mix with a slightly acidic to neutral pH (6.0-7.0).
- Fertilization: Feed your Pachystachys coccinea with a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer every 4-6 weeks during the growing season.
Care and Maintenance
- Pruning: Regularly prune your Pachystachys coccinea to maintain its shape and encourage bushier growth. Remove any dead or yellowing leaves and trim back leggy stems. 2. Pest Control: Watch for common pests like aphids, spider mites, and whiteflies. Use insecticidal soap or neem oil to control infestations.
- Repotting: Repot your Pachystachys coccinea every 2-3 years or when it outgrows its current container. Choose a pot with drainage holes and fresh potting mix.
- Propagation: Propagate the plant by taking stem cuttings. Remove the lower leaves from a healthy stem, dip the cut end in rooting hormone, and place it in moist potting mix.
- Aesthetic Appeal: The stunning red bracts and lush foliage of Pachystachys coccinea make it an excellent addition to gardens, patios, and indoor spaces. Its vibrant color adds a tropical flair to any setting.
- Air Purification: Like many other plants, Pachystachys coccinea helps to improve indoor air quality by removing pollutants and increasing humidity levels.
- Low Maintenance: This plant is relatively easy to care for, making it a great choice for both novice and experienced gardeners.
- Attracts Pollinators: Pachystachys coccinea's bright red bracts attract hummingbirds and butterflies, which can help support local ecosystems.
In summary, Pachystachys coccinea is a beautiful, low-maintenance tropical plant that offers numerous benefits. With proper care and attention, it can thrive in a variety of settings, adding color and life to your home or garden.