Buy Beautiful Variegated Pandanus Sanderi and Veitchii Screw Pine Plants Online
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Variegated Screw Pine
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Pivla Kewda
- Indoor Plants, Shrubs, Water & Aquatic Plants
- Pandanaceae or Kewda family
Pandanus Veitchii, commonly known as the Variegated Screw Pine, is a tropical evergreen plant native to the South Pacific. Renowned for its striking, sword-shaped leaves and spiral growth pattern, it's a popular ornamental plant for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Location: These plants prefer bright, indirect sunlight. Outdoor plants should be grown in semi-shade.
- Soil: They thrive best in well-draining soil with a slightly acidic to neutral pH. Use a mixture of peat moss, perlite, and sand for optimal growth.
- Planting: Dig a hole twice as wide and as deep as the root ball. Place the plant in the hole, backfill with soil, and water thoroughly.
- Watering: Water regularly, allowing the soil to dry out slightly between watering. Overwatering can cause root rot.
- Temperature: The Pandanus Veitchii thrives in temperatures between 60-85°F (15-29°C). It doesn't tolerate frost or freezing temperatures.
- Fertilization: Feed the plant every 2-3 weeks during the growing season with a balanced liquid fertilizer.
- Pruning: Trim back the older, lower leaves to maintain its neat appearance and promote new growth.
- Repotting: Repot the plant every 2-3 years, or when it becomes root-bound.
- Pest and Disease Management: Keep an eye out for common pests like spider mites, mealybugs, and scale. Use organic or chemical insecticides as necessary. To prevent disease, avoid overwatering and ensure the plant has adequate airflow.
While Pandanus Veitchii is mainly grown for ornamental purposes due to its aesthetic appeal, it also offers several other benefits:
- Air Purification: Like many indoor plants, it helps in purifying the air by removing toxins.
- Cultural Significance: In some Pacific Island cultures, different parts of the plant have been used for traditional weaving, food, and medicine.
- Mental Health: Research suggests that being around plants can reduce stress and improve mood, making Pandanus Veitchii a great addition to your living or working space.