Buy Beautiful Pelargonium Hortorum Vegetative Geranium Plants Online
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Flowering Pot Plants, Shrubs
- Geraniaceae or Geranium family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Year-around flowering, Flowers in flushes throughout the year
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Dark Pink, Lilac or mauve, Light Pink, Orange, Pink, Red, Salmon, White
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 50 cms to 100 cms
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 50 cms to 100 cms
- Plant Form:
- Spherical or rounded
- Special Character:
- Fragrant flowers or leaves
- Good for Hedges and Borders
- Insect or mosquito repellent
- Suitable for road median planting
- Grows best in cooler regions
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Over thousands
- - Geraniums (now classified as pelargoniums) are native to South Africa.
- Even though they are now classified as Pelargonium they are commonly referred to as Geraniums. The most common species that is grown today is Pelargonium hortorum. These are grown for their clusters of brilliantly colored flowers.
- They are one of the most popular and rewarding of flowering plants.
- These varieties are generally propagated by cuttings.
- These plants have succulent leaves and stem and may will to small shrub up to 60 cms.
- Leaves in most varieties are circular 2 - 3 inch in diameter.
- Leaves are 3 to 5 inch across dark green. Zonal varieties have a circular dark band on the leaves.
- Use in beds & borders.
- Good for use in window boxes – especially in milder climates.
- - Geraniums grow best in full sunlight. They can also be planted in partially shaded areas but not absolute shade.
- Geraniums will grow best in mild cooler climates.
- More the light they get more is the growth and more are the flowers. They should be planted in large pots or in ground beds. Geraniums are one of the most popular plants for window boxes.
- The growing media (soil) used for Geraniums should be well drained and should have ample nutrients. The newer varieties of Geraniums flower a lot and therefore need a lot of food supply.
- The Geraniums grown today are of two basic types. Ones propagated from cuttings and ones grown from hybrid seed. The plants grown from cuttings in India are old varieties that grow taller and flower less. Plants grown from seed (hybrid seed) flower much more and tend to stay dwarf. A good color range is also available amongst the seed grown types. The only drawback is that the hybrid seeds are quite expensive. But the plants obtained are far superior and definitely value for money.
- Regular feeding with water-soluble fertilizers is required. Fertilizers recommended for flowering plants are suitable.
- Old and dry leaves should be cleaned from time to time. Remove all old faded flower bunches.
- Geraniums have a aromatic compound in their leaves and stems. Due to this most pests avoid them.
- There can be some fungal problems. Especially when humidity and temperatures are high.
- One secret of growing good geraniums is cleaning them regularly. Old flower blooms - that have bloomed over 80% can be removed. Also old dry leaves should be taken out. If this is done the new flowers will come quicker.