Brighten Your Garden with Peela Gulmohar (Peltophorum) Plant for Sale
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order, Maximum Convenience: Get Plants Shipped to Your Doorstep with Kadiam Nursery
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Leguminosae or Fabaceae or Pea family
Peltophorum, commonly known as the Yellow Flame Tree, Copperpod, or Yellow Poinciana, is a fast-growing, tropical tree native to Southeast Asia and Africa. It is valued for its ornamental beauty, shade, and environmental benefits. This guide will cover essential information about growing, caring for, and the benefits of Peltophorum trees.
- Scientific Name: Peltophorum pterocarpum
- Family: Fabaceae
- Height: 15-25 meters (50-80 feet)
- Spread: 10-15 meters (30-50 feet)
- Leaves: Fern-like, bipinnate, up to 60 cm (2 feet) long
- Flowers: Bright yellow, fragrant, clustered in large, showy inflorescences
- Fruits: Brown, woody pods containing winged seeds
- USDA Hardiness Zones: 10-12
- Light: Full sun (6-8 hours of direct sunlight)
- Soil: Well-draining, fertile loam or sandy soil; pH between 5.5-7.5
- Water: Moderate water requirements; drought-tolerant once established
Planting and Propagation
- Seeds: Soak seeds in warm water for 24 hours to soften the seed coat. Plant in well-draining soil mix and keep moist until germination, which usually takes 1-4 weeks.
- Cuttings: Take semi-hardwood cuttings (8-12 inches long) during the growing season. Dip in rooting hormone and plant in a well-draining soil mix. Keep moist and provide a high-humidity environment until roots develop.
Care and Maintenance
- Fertilizing: Apply a balanced, slow-release fertilizer in the spring and fall.
- Pruning: Prune young trees to establish a strong structure. Remove dead, damaged, or crossing branches, and maintain a clear central leader. Prune older trees lightly to maintain shape and health.
- Pest and Disease Control: Monitor for pests and diseases, and apply appropriate treatments as needed. Peltophorum is relatively pest and disease-resistant.
Benefits of Peltophorum Tree
- Ornamental Value: With its striking yellow flowers, lush foliage, and attractive bark, the Peltophorum tree adds beauty and visual interest to landscapes.
- Shade and Windbreak: Its large canopy provides ample shade, making it an excellent choice for parks, gardens, and streetscapes. It also serves as a windbreak in coastal areas.
- Environmental Benefits: The tree helps reduce soil erosion, absorbs carbon dioxide, and supports biodiversity by providing habitat and food for various birds, insects, and other wildlife.
- Medicinal Uses: Various parts of the tree have been used in traditional medicine for treating ailments such as skin disorders, inflammation, and fever.
Conclusion Peltophorum trees are a stunning addition to tropical and subtropical landscapes, offering both beauty and practical benefits. With proper care and maintenance, these trees will thrive and become a valuable asset to any garden or public space.