Buy Strobilanthes dyerianus (Peacock Plant, Persian Shield Plant) Online
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Peacock Plant, Persian Shield
- Shrubs, Groundcovers
- Acanthaceae or Crossandra or Thunbergia family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Flowers are inconspicuous
- Foliage color:
- Variegated, Purple, Green
- Plant Height or length:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Form:
- Spreading, Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Indigenous (native to India)
- Good for Edges ie very small hedge or border
- Hanging or weeping growth habit
- Grows best in humid and warm regions
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Less than a hundred
- - Nation - Myanmar and North East India
- Evergreen shrub with soft stems.
- The leaves are 4-5 in long.
- The leaves shimmer with a metallic irridescence.
- Persian shield gets 3-4 ft tall with a 2-3 feet spread.
- Usually planted in groups in mixed plantings.
- The best colors come out in high humidity and bright light.
- - Grow in humid climate in rich well drained soil
- Keep persian sheild out of direct mid- day sun in summer.
- It does best with direct sun in the morning and shade in the afternoon.
- Plant do not like hot dry summers.
- Does not tolerate cold at all.