Buy Beautiful Petrea Volubilis - Purple Wreath Sandpaper Climber Plant Online Now
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Petrea Volubilis, Purple Wreath, Sandpaper Climber
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Petria
- Climbers, Creepers & Vines, Shrubs
- Verbenaceae or Verbena family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate less
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- March, April, May, June, October, November, December
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Form:
- Climbing or growing on support, Spreading, Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Good for making bonsai
- Good for screening
- Can grow on trellis or chain link fencing
- Hanging or weeping growth habit
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Less than a hundred
- - The sandpaper climber comes from Tropical America.
- The plant in full bloom above - was photographed at the Public Gardens in Hyderabad.
- It is a large, woody vine with greyish bark.
- Leaves opposite, ovate elliptic, leathery and rough 8 - 16 cm long.
- Plant can grow upto 10 m in length. But seldoms grows over 3 meters in gardens. Can be pruned and kept as low as 1 meter high.
- Showy racemes of lovely, star like flowers of long, lilac or bluish 2 cm long.
- One of the prettiest of flowering climbers.
- The flowers fall down like propellers from the say with the breeze.
- The flowers and sepals both are similar and colored. Even though the petals drop off the sepals are persistant - and show color for a long period.
- - One of the best flowering climbers.
- Grow on porch, arch, pergola and wall. Can be also grown as a stand alone bush.
- It grows and flowers best in full sun.
- - Plants should be grown in full sun in mild climates and in partial shade in hot and dry areas.
- Prefers well drained sandy soils.
- Can tolerate less water - but requires water regularly.
- Is a very long lived climber - and the supports should be strong and permanent.
- Pruning can be done to keep plants in shape.