Buy Veiled Nun Orchid | Phaius tankervilleae - Beautiful Red Crane Orchid for Sale
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order, Maximum Convenience: Get Plants Shipped to Your Doorstep with Kadiam Nursery
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Nun's Orchid, Nun's Cap Orchid, Red Crane Orchid, Swamp Lily, Veiled Nun Orchid
- Regional name:
- Manipuri - Nongmai Mani
- Groundcovers, Shrubs
- Semi shade, Shade growing
- Normal, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- March, April, May, June, July
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Single flower has many colors viz., White, Brown, Pink
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 50 cms to 100 cms
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 50 cms to 100 cms
- Plant Form:
- Spreading, Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Indigenous (native to India)
- Fragrant flowers or leaves
- Auspicious or Feng Shui plant
- Rare Plant or difficult to get plant
- Good for Cut flowers
- Good for Hedges and Borders
- Hanging or weeping growth habit
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Less than a hundred
- - A beautiful plant when not in bloom - a stunning plant when in bloom.
- Plant has long arching green leaves that form a neat rounded clump in pots or the ground.
- Nation - North East India, Yunnan, (China) Myanmar (Burma) & Thailand.
- It egg shaped pseudobulbs give rise to an erect, 100 to 120 cm tall spike bearing 15 - 25 flower.
- The flowers face downwards and appear hooded - hence the name Nun's orchid.
- - This impressive ground orchid thrives in well areated soils.
- It grows usually in the ground, in the humus or decomposed leaves of spare open forests.
- Grow well in shade to semi shade.
- Regular watering required - especially in the hot summer months.
- A potting mix of equal parts of 2 to 4 cms pieces of coconut husk chips, wood charcoal, brick bats and dry manure pieces is perfect. Add a teaspoon of bonemeal to five litres of this mixture.
- Plants can be potted using this mix. If you are growing them in the ground - we would prefer a raised bed using this mix. (As dug out beds may get flooded in the monsoon)