Stunning Trunkless Phoenix acaulis Tree - Add a Unique Touch to Your Landscape
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Trunkless Phoenix
- Regional name:
- Hindi - Chindwa
- Palms and Cycads, Groundcovers
- Palmae or Coconut family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate less
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Flowers in flushes throughout the year, Flowers are inconspicuous
- Foliage color:
- Green, Blue Grey or Silver
- Plant Height or length:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Form:
- Special Character:
- Indigenous (native to India)
- Good for Cut foliage
- Good for Hedges and Borders
- Attracts bees
- Suitable for road median planting
- Hanging or weeping growth habit
- Salt or salinity tolerant
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Less than a hundred
- - Nation Northern India & Nepal.
- The plant in Hindi is called chindwa - and there is an entire district in Madhya Pradesh by the name of Chindwara named after it.
- A pretty palm - that definately needs to be used more in landscaping.
- The trunk of this palm is very short swollen and densely covered with persistent petiole bases.
- At its apex it bears a crown of arching pinnate fronds 1-2 m long.
- The inflorosence comes above the foliage. All of it i bright orange and looks quite pretty. It can be cut and used for floral decoration.
- - Phoenix are hardy palms.
- They do best in full sunlight.
- They will grow in shade - but the canopy will be sparse, the leaves narrow and long and generally poor looking.
- Plants can tolerate some water logging as well as drought.
- Cleanup of bottom leaves should be done from time to time.
- It is very difficult to remove the leaves completely. They should by cut as close to the trunk as possible.