Stunning Variegated Pittosporum Tobira - Add Colorful Beauty to Your Garden Today
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Variegated Mock - Orange
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Pitosporum Variegated
- Shrubs, Indoor Plants, Trees
Variegated Pittosporum tobira, also known as Variegated Japanese Mock Orange or Variegated Japanese Pittosporum, is a popular evergreen shrub native to Japan and Eastern Asia. With its attractive foliage, fragrant flowers, and low maintenance requirements, it has become a favorite in landscaping and garden designs.
- Botanical Name: Pittosporum tobira 'Variegatum'
- Family: Pittosporaceae
- Type: Evergreen shrub
- Hardiness Zones: USDA 8-11
- Size: 6-10 feet tall and 4-6 feet wide
- Light: Full sun to partial shade
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer
- Flower Color: Creamy white
- Soil: Variegated Pittosporum prefers well-draining soil with a slightly acidic to neutral pH. Amend the soil with compost to improve drainage and add nutrients.
- Spacing: Space the plants 4-6 feet apart to allow for proper growth and air circulation.
- Water: Water the newly planted shrubs deeply and consistently until they are established. After that, they can tolerate some drought but will benefit from regular watering.
- Fertilization: Apply a balanced slow-release fertilizer in the spring to promote healthy growth and flowering.
- Pruning: Prune the shrub in late winter or early spring to maintain shape and size. Remove any dead, damaged, or crossing branches.
- Pest and Disease Control: Variegated Pittosporum is relatively pest and disease resistant. Monitor for common pests like aphids and scale, and treat with insecticidal soap or neem oil as needed.
- Mulch: Add a layer of organic mulch around the base of the plant to conserve moisture, regulate soil temperature, and suppress weed growth.
- Winter Protection: In colder climates, provide some protection from harsh winds and frost by placing a burlap barrier around the plant or using a frost blanket.
- Aesthetic Appeal: The variegated foliage provides year-round interest and a striking contrast in the garden.
- Fragrance: The creamy-white flowers emit a pleasant fragrance, adding a sensory element to the landscape.
- Privacy: The dense growth habit of Variegated Pittosporum makes it an excellent choice for privacy screens, hedges, or borders.
- Wildlife Attraction: The flowers attract pollinators, such as bees and butterflies, while the dense branches provide shelter for birds.