Brighten Up Your Garden with a Stunning Yellow Orange Frangipani 1 (Plumeria Rubra)
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Plumeria Yellow Orange 1, Frangipani, Temple Tree, Flor De Mayo
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Khairchapha, Hindi - Chameli, Gul-e-chin, Bengali - Dalama Phula, Kannada - Kadusampage, Gujarati - Aholo Champo, Tamil - Perungali, Telugu - Arbataganneru
- Trees, Shrubs
- Apocynaceae or Plumeria or Oleander family
The Plumeria 'Flor De Mayo', also known as Yellow Orange Plumeria or Frangipani, is a tropical tree renowned for its vibrant and fragrant flowers. This guide will provide detailed information on how to grow, care for, and benefit from this beautiful plant.
- Scientific Name: Plumeria rubra 'Flor De Mayo'
- Family: Apocynaceae
- Origin: Native to Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean
- Growth Habit: Medium-sized tree with a spreading canopy
- Climate: Tropical and subtropical regions (USDA Zones 9-11)
- Sunlight: Full sun or partial shade
- Soil: Well-draining, slightly acidic to neutral pH (6.0-7.0)
- Water: Moderate, allowing the soil to dry slightly between waterings
Planting and Propagation
- Planting Season: Spring or early summer
- Propagation: Cuttings or seeds
- Cutting Selection: Healthy, mature branches, preferably 12-18 inches long
- Rooting: Allow the cutting to dry for 3-5 days before planting in well-draining soil
Care and Maintenance
- Fertilization: Balanced, slow-release fertilizer (10-10-10) every 2-3 months during the growing season
- Pruning: Annual pruning in late winter or early spring to maintain shape and promote branching
- Pest Control: Inspect regularly for pests such as mealybugs, spider mites, and whiteflies; use insecticidal soap or neem oil as needed
Flowering and Fragrance
- Blooming Period: Late spring through fall
- Flower Color: Yellow and orange, sometimes with a hint of red
- Fragrance: Sweet, floral scent that intensifies in the evening
Benefits and Uses
- Ornamental: Plumeria 'Flor De Mayo' is a popular landscape plant due to its striking flowers and pleasant fragrance, making it an ideal choice for gardens, patios, or as a focal point in a yard.
- Cultural Significance: In some cultures, Plumeria flowers are used in traditional ceremonies and as offerings in temples.
- Lei-Making: The flowers of Plumeria 'Flor De Mayo' are commonly used in making Hawaiian leis due to their beauty and fragrance.
- Essential Oil: Plumeria flowers are a source of essential oil, which is valued for its calming and soothing properties.
- Frost Sensitivity: Plumeria 'Flor De Mayo' is sensitive to frost and may require protection in cooler climates or during unseasonable cold spells.
- Susceptibility to Pests: Proper care and maintenance can help minimize the risk of pests and diseases, but vigilance is necessary to ensure the health of your tree.
By following the guidelines outlined in this comprehensive guide, you can grow, care for, and enjoy the many benefits of the Plumeria 'Flor De Mayo' tree in your garden or landscape.