Vibrant Red Tukai Poinsettia | Buy the Early Bloom Variety for a Festive Touch
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Poinsettia Bright Red Tukai Variety
- Regional name:
- Hindi - Lalpata, Bengali - Laipata, Kannada - Poinsettia Gida, Punjabi - Lalpatti, Marathi - Rakta Parni, Tamil - Magilkunni
- Flowering Pot Plants, Shrubs, Indoor Plants
- Euphorbiaceae or Poinsettia family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate less, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- January, February, October, November, December
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Form:
- Spherical or rounded
- Special Character:
- Auspicious or Feng Shui plant
- Good for screening
- Good for Hedges and Borders
- Attracts butterflies
- Attracts bees
- Poisonous if eaten
- Suitable for road median planting
- Good on seaside
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Over thousands
- The Tukai Bright red variety has deep green oak shaped leaves. The flowers are of a glowing red color.
The Poinsettia is one of the worlds most popular pot plants. From its humble origins in Mexico it has come a long way to brighten up our surrounding?s. The Poinsettia plants provides spectacular color during the winter season. The colored leaves of the Poinsettia develop when the plants are going to flower. These are called the Bracts. True flowers are small yellow-green and are in the center of the Bracts. The Poinsettias are synonymous with the Christmas and New year celebrations. Their arrival heralds the onset of festivities. Poinsettias are also an excellent outdoor plants. They can be planted in the outdoor garden for a sensational color impact during winter.
- Most Poinsettia plants are sold when in full color. After getting a Poinsettia home it should be watered thoroughly. The plant can be kept indoors for a few weeks. A bright spot with good air movement is best. Low light will result in the bottom leaves turning yellow and falling off. Water the plants only when the soil becomes dry. Always give enough water so that at least half the quantity given drains off from the bottom of the pot. The color of the bracts lasts from November to April. After the bracts fade the plants should be shifted to the outdoor garden.
GROWING THE POINSETTIA AFTER COLOR HAS FADED.
The Poinsettia is a short day plant. This means that it flowers (develops color) when the days become short and nights become long. This naturally happens with us in winter. Once summer comes and the days become longer the Poinsettia begins to develop its green leaves. The plant then goes into its growing phase. The plant should be placed in a well-lit location. Full sunlight is also okay. Prune the Poinsettia plant in July first week to half the flowering height required. (If you want the plant to be 60 cms high then cut it down to 30 cms.) In case repotting is to be done it should be done in June. Use a big pot (30 cms will do) in case you want to grow a large specimen) Pinch (remove the growing tip) to encourage branching. The plants can be pinched after 5 to 6 leaves develop. Pinching will result in a bushy and rounded plant. Do not pinch after 15th August as it may interfere with the color development. The Poinsettia is a quick grower, fertilizers will help it grow better. Use any water-soluble fertilizers as per instructions given on the label.
A WORD OF CAUTION.
As mentioned earlier Poinsettias require a long night to induce flowering. Street Lighting or Garden Lights can disturb this long night. If Poinsettias get any type of artificial light at night they will not flower. So make sure they get totally dark nights.
Last but last the least ? Please note that the Poinsettia Varieties from TUKAI EXOTICS are covered under worldwide Patents and their propagation for commercial sale without a License is prohibited.
- Poinsettia rooted cuttings are available in bulk for commercial growing from Tukai Exotics. Please inquire with them for details.