Ruttya fruticosa,Ruttya Fruticosa, Rabbit Ears, Orange Bird, Hummingbird Plant
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Ruttya Fruticosa, Rabbit Ears, Orange Bird, Hummingbird Plant
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Rutya
- Shrubs, Groundcovers
- Acanthaceae or Crossandra or Thunbergia family
- Sun growing, Semi shade, Shade growing
- Normal, Can tolerate less, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Year-around flowering, Flowers in flushes throughout the year
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Orange, Red
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Form:
- Spreading, Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Good for making bonsai
- Good for screening
- Good for Hedges and Borders
- Good for Edges ie very small hedge or border
- Suitable for road median planting
- Grows best in humid and warm regions
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Over hundreds
- - A not so often used landscape plant. Foliage is pretty fresh green and shining.
- Origion - South Africa.
- Named in honour of Dr. John Rutty.
- A small shrub with woody branches.
- Leaves ovate to lanceolate, 3-5 cm long, wrinkled.
- Flower - 4.5 cm long, tubular, two lipped, orange red with a black blotch at the centre, in few flowered clusters.
- A small shrub with pretty flowers in small clusters appearing almost the year round.
- - Prefers warm climate and high humidity.
- Plants grow best in slightly acidic soils with good drainage and good fertility.
- It can be grown in both sun and sami shade.