Schefflera venulosa,Big Leaf Schefflera
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Big Leaf Schefflera
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Motha Schefflera
- Shrubs, Trees
- Araliaceae or Arelia family
- Sun growing, Semi shade, Shade growing
- Normal, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Flowers are inconspicuous
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Form:
- Special Character:
- Good for screening
- Good for Hedges and Borders
- Suitable for road median planting
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Less than a hundred
- Schefflera venulosa, also known as the red-veined schefflera, is a species of plant in the Araliaceae family. It is native to the island of Java in Indonesia. It is a small to medium-sized shrub, typically growing up to 3-5 meters tall. The leaves are large, glossy, and have prominent red or pink veins. The small, yellow-green flowers are produced in panicles and are followed by small, black berries. It is hardy in USDA zones 10-11 and it is generally propagated by semi-hardwood cuttings. It can be grown indoor or outdoor with the right condition for it like bright indirect light and moist soil, but too much direct sunlight can burn the leaves. With regular care it is a low maintenance plant.
To properly care for Schefflera venulosa, it is important to provide the plant with the right growing conditions. Here are a few tips for caring for this plant:
Light: The plant prefers bright indirect light, but can tolerate lower light levels. Avoid exposing the plant to direct sunlight, as this can cause the leaves to burn.
Water: Schefflera venulosa prefers evenly moist soil, but will tolerate some drought. Water the plant regularly, and be sure to allow the top inch of soil to dry out before watering again.
Temperature: This plant prefers temperatures between 60-80 F and do not like drastic temperature changes.
Soil: Schefflera venulosa prefers well-drained, acidic to neutral soil. Use a potting mix with peat moss or coco coir as a base.
Fertilizer: Feed the plant with a balanced water-soluble fertilizer during the growing season and stop fertilizing during the dormant season
Pruning: Prune the plant regularly to shape and control its size.
Humidity: They likes average to high humidity levels
By following these care tips, you can keep your Schefflera venulosa healthy and thriving.
Schefflera venulosa, like many other plants, can provide a number of benefits to both people and their environment. Here are a few potential benefits of having a Schefflera venulosa:
Air purification: Schefflera venulosa, like many other plants, is able to filter pollutants and toxins from the air, making the air inside your home or office cleaner and healthier to breathe.
Stress relief: Studies have shown that simply being around plants can reduce stress levels and improve mental well-being.
Decorative : The unique and showy leaf structure of Schefflera venulosa make it an attractive addition to any room or garden, adding aesthetic and beauty
Humidity : As it thrives on high humidity it can increase the moisture in the air, which can help relieve dry skin and dry eyes.
Natural air freshener: The Schefflera venulosa has a natural fresh and natural fragrance, which can help to neutralize odors and freshen up the air in a room.
Overall, having a Schefflera venulosa can improve the air quality, reduce stress, and make your home or office a more pleasant and inviting place to be.