Buy Fresh Averrhoa carambolatar Fruits and Oxalis Tree Plants Online - Carambole Delight for Your Garden
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Star Fruit, Carambole, Oxalis Tree
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Kamrak, Kamarakha, Hindi - Khamrak, Bengali - Kamranga, Tamil - Sagadam, Telugu -kamarakha, Tamarta
- Fruit Plants, Trees, Medicinal Plants
- Scientific name: Averrhoa carambola
- Common name: Carambola, star fruit
- Origin: Native to Southeast Asia, specifically the Philippines, Malaysia, and Indonesia.
- USDA Zones: 10-11
- Location: Choose a sunny location with well-drained soil.
- Spacing: Plant carambola trees 20-25 feet apart.
- Soil: Ideal soil pH is between 5.5 and 6.5; well-drained, loamy soil is preferred.
- Planting: Transplant young carambola trees during the rainy season or early spring.
- Watering: Provide regular, deep watering, allowing the soil to dry slightly between waterings.
- Fertilizing: Apply a balanced fertilizer (e.g., 8-8-8) every 2-3 months during the growing season.
- Pruning: Prune to maintain shape and encourage branching for better fruit production. Remove dead or diseased branches.
- Pest control: Monitor for pests like aphids, mealybugs, and fruit flies. Use organic or chemical pesticides as needed.
- Disease management: Prevent fungal diseases by ensuring proper air circulation and avoiding overwatering. Treat with fungicides if necessary.
- Mulching: Apply organic mulch to maintain soil moisture and suppress weeds.
- Nutritional value: High in vitamin C, potassium, and antioxidants; low in calories.
- Culinary uses: Can be eaten fresh, juiced, or used in salads, desserts, and preserves.
- Ornamental: Attractive tree with a unique, star-shaped fruit, adding visual interest to a garden or landscape.
- Medicinal properties: Traditional medicine uses carambola to treat ailments such as coughs, fevers, and skin conditions. However, consult a healthcare professional before using for medicinal purposes.