Tamarind Tamarindus indica 1 Healthy live plant seedling
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Original price Rs. 599.00
Current price Rs. 459.00
- Common name:
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Chinch, Hindi - Imli, Bengali - Amli, Manipuri - Mange, Tamil - Puli, Telugu - Chinta
- Trees, Fruit Plants, Medicinal Plants
- Leguminosae or Fabaceae or Pea family
- Sun growing
- Normal, Requires less
- Primarily grown for:
- Fruit or Seed
- Flowering season:
- April, May, June
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Single flower has many colors viz., Yellow, Red, Cream, Off white, Light Yellow
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- More than 12 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- More than 12 meters
- Plant Form:
- Spherical or rounded, Spreading
- Special Character:
- Indigenous (native to India)
- Good for making bonsai
- Attracts birds
- Attracts bees
- Recommended for creating shade
- Suitable for avenue planting
- Salt or salinity tolerant
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Over thousands
- One of the hardiest trees on the sub continent. The tamarind tree grows slowly but requires minimal care. Not usually planted now a days because of the long time required to grow. But is prized for its fruit and shade.
- Climate - Tamarindus indicia grows well in warm and dry climate.
Soil - Any type of soils are okay. Well drained fertile soils with good organic matter content are best. Soil ph ? 6 to 7.5 is fine.
Planting distance - The tamarind plant is very long lived. Plants yield for over a hundred years so the spacing required should be stritctly adhered to. In light to medium soil the planting should be done at 10 x 10 meter. In good fertile soil the planting should be bone at 12 x 12 meter.
Planting - Planting is recommend in June / July. pits of 1 meter width x 1 meter length x 1 meter deep should be taken. Top soil from these pits should be mixed with 50 kgs farm yard manure / well decomposed cow dug manure 1 kgs single super phosphate 100 gms follidol dust. Mix evenly ensures proper distribution of the manure. Fertilizer and pesticide. Soil from bottom of the pit can be used for making a bund / ring around the pit can for keeping in the water. Leaves / grass can be put in this pit as a mulch.
Watering - watering can be done every 10 ? 15 day in winter and at weekly intervals during summer. Drip irrigation is recommended.