Tecoma gaudichaudi, Tecoma castanifolia,Gaudi Chaudi
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Gaudi Chaudi
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Gaudichavdi
- Shrubs, Trees
- Bignoniaceae or Jacaranda family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate less
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Year-around flowering, Flowers in flushes throughout the year
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Form:
- Spreading, Upright or Erect
- Tecoma gaudichaudii, also known as Gaudichaud's trumpet vine or Yellow trumpet vine, is a species of flowering plant in the trumpet vine family, Bignoniaceae. It is native to Chile and Argentina, and is known for its large, showy yellow flowers that bloom in the summer and fall. The plant can grow up to 20 feet (6 meters) long and is often trained to climb on trellises or fences. The leaves are green and glossy, and are typically opposite each other on the stem. T. gaudichaudi is drought-tolerant, requires well-drained soil, and full sun to thrive. It's sometimes propagated by cuttings.
Tecoma gaudichaudi is a hardy and relatively low-maintenance plant that is well-suited for growing in warm climates. Care for the plant primarily involves providing it with the right amount of sunlight, water, and fertilization.
-Light: It requires full sun to thrive and produce an abundance of flowers. -Water: During the growing season, T. gaudichaudi should be kept consistently moist, but not waterlogged. Reduce watering in the winter. -Soil: This plant prefers well-draining soil. -Fertilizer: Feed the plant with a balanced fertilizer once a month during the growing season.
Pruning is also an important aspect of caring for T. gaudichaudi. Prune the plant regularly to control its size, shape and encourage bushier growth.
It is worth noting that T. gaudichaudi is frost-sensitive and may not be suitable for growing in areas that experience freezing temperatures.
In terms of pests and diseases, it may be affected by spider mites, thrips, and whiteflies and also have some fungal leaf spot issues.
It is also considered as invasive plant on some area, please check with your local government for regulations regarding planting this species.
- - Very quick growing.
- It is very susceptible to waterlopping.
- Trim the height of the plant and to maintain a good shape.
- Will grow