Thunbergia -White Plant Creepers & Climbers Flower Garden Live Plant Nursery Indoor Outdoor Living Plants
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Common name:Meyenia White
Regional name:Marathi - Mynea, Mynia
- Shrubs, Groundcovers
- Acanthaceae or Crossandra or Thunbergia family
Introduction to Meyenia White 'Thunbergia Erecta Alba'
Thunbergia erecta Alba, commonly known as Meyenia White or the White King's Mantle, is an attractive, evergreen shrub native to West Africa. It is prized for its beautiful white, trumpet-shaped flowers with a yellow throat, and its glossy, dark green foliage. Meyenia White is perfect for a tropical or subtropical garden, where it can be used as a specimen plant, a border, or even a climber when provided support.
- Soil: Meyenia White prefers well-draining, fertile soil, rich in organic matter. A soil pH of 6.1 to 7.5 is ideal.
- Sunlight: The plant thrives in full sun to partial shade. It requires at least 4 to 6 hours of direct sunlight per day.
- Spacing: Plant Meyenia White about 3 to 4 feet (1-1.2 meters) apart to allow for adequate air circulation and growth.
- Propagation: Propagate Meyenia White from stem cuttings or seeds. Stem cuttings should be taken from semi-hardwood, while seeds should be sown in a warm, well-draining medium.
- Watering: Water the plant regularly, keeping the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged. During the growing season, the plant may require more frequent watering.
- Fertilizing: Apply a balanced, slow-release fertilizer every 4 to 6 weeks during the growing season to promote healthy growth and blooming.
- Pruning: Prune Meyenia White to maintain its shape and size, and to encourage bushy growth. Remove dead or damaged branches, and trim back any leggy growth.
- Pests and Diseases: Watch for pests such as aphids, mealybugs, and spider mites, and treat infestations with appropriate insecticides. Fungal diseases, such as root rot, can be avoided by ensuring proper drainage and avoiding overwatering.
- Ornamental Value: Meyenia White's showy white flowers and dark green foliage make it a stunning addition to gardens and landscapes.
- Attracts Pollinators: The flowers attract bees, butterflies, and other pollinators, which are essential for a healthy garden ecosystem.
- Low Maintenance: Once established, Meyenia White requires minimal care, making it an ideal choice for busy gardeners or beginners.