Turtle Vine Live Plant | Callisia Repens | Creeper Succulent Live Plant
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order, Maximum Convenience: Get Plants Shipped to Your Doorstep with Kadiam Nursery
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Original price Rs. 499.00
Current price Rs. 359.00
- Common name:
- Turtle Vine
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Hirva Sedum
- Commelinaceae or Wandering Jew family
Introduction Turtle Vine, also known as Callisia repens, is a creeping perennial native to Central and South America. It is a popular choice for both indoor and outdoor gardens due to its low maintenance requirements and attractive appearance. The plant features small, thick, and fleshy leaves, making it an ideal option for ground cover or hanging baskets.
- Location: Turtle Vine prefers a well-lit location with indirect sunlight, as direct sunlight may cause leaf scorching. It can also tolerate partial shade but will grow slower in these conditions.
- Soil: Use a well-draining potting mix with a blend of peat moss, perlite, and vermiculite. Ensure the pH is between 6.0 and 7.0 for optimal growth.
- Container: Choose a container with drainage holes to prevent root rot. A wide, shallow pot or hanging basket is ideal for the plant's spreading growth habit.
- Propagation: Propagate Turtle Vine through stem cuttings or division. For stem cuttings, take a 4-6 inch long cutting, remove the lower leaves, and place it in moist potting soil. Keep the soil consistently moist until roots develop.
- Watering: Water the plant when the top 1-2 inches of soil are dry. Avoid overwatering, as this can lead to root rot. During winter, reduce watering frequency.
- Fertilization: Apply a balanced liquid fertilizer every 4-6 weeks during the growing season (spring and summer). Reduce fertilization during the dormant season (fall and winter).
- Pruning: Regularly trim back any overly long or leggy growth to maintain the desired shape and encourage bushiness.
- Pest control: Inspect the plant regularly for pests such as aphids, mealybugs, and spider mites. Use insecticidal soap or neem oil to treat infestations.
- Temperature: Turtle Vine thrives in temperatures between 60-75°F (15-24°C). Keep the plant away from drafts and avoid exposure to temperatures below 50°F (10°C).
- Aesthetics: Turtle Vine adds a touch of beauty to indoor and outdoor spaces with its trailing habit and lush green foliage.
- Low maintenance: This plant is easy to care for, making it a suitable choice for both beginner and experienced gardeners.
- Air purification: Turtle Vine is known for its air-purifying qualities, helping to remove pollutants such as formaldehyde and benzene from the air