Buy Veitchia Merrillii Golden - The Ultimate Tropical Touch for Your Landscape
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order, Maximum Convenience: Get Plants Shipped to Your Doorstep with Kadiam Nursery
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Original price Rs. 469.00
Current price Rs. 420.00
- Common name:
- Golden Manila Palm, Christmas Palm, Dwarf Royal Palm, Aponidia Palm
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Golden Manila Palm
- Palms and Cycads
- Palmae or Coconut family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Flowers are inconspicuous
- Foliage color:
- Yellow, Green
- Plant Height or length:
- 6 to 8 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 4 to 6 meters
- Plant Form:
- Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Rare Plant or difficult to get plant
- Good for screening
- Suitable for road median planting
- Suitable for avenue planting
- Salt or salinity tolerant
- Good on seaside
- Grows best in humid and warm regions
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Less than a hundred
- - This is a most stunning form of the green Manila palm. The leaves are bright golden yellow.
The regular Manila palm is described below.
- A very compact and versatile palm. Can be planted as single specimens in very small spaces or as groups in larger ones.
- Highly recommended for planting near swimming pools. The bright red fruit stays on the plant for several weeks and looks very pretty.
- Nation Philippine Islands.
- After Elmer D.Merrill - plant explorer of the asian tropics, former director of the Arnold Arboretum.
- Solitary trunked, monoecious, pinnate leaved palm.
- Grow to height 50 ft.
- Light to dark gray trunk 1 ft in diameter.
- The leaves are 6 - 8 ft long, short petiole, 1 ft long.
- There are usually 12 strongly arching leaves per plant.
- Flower and fruit with as little as 3 ft of trunk.
- - This palm is quite delicate and exacting in its climatic requirements as compared to the green Manila palm.
- Plants do best in warm and humid coastal climates only.
- In dry climates their crown is quite sad looking.
- Plants require well drained soils with regular irrigation.