Buy Veitchia Merrillii Golden - The Ultimate Tropical Touch for Your Landscape
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Golden Manila Palm, Christmas Palm, Dwarf Royal Palm, Aponidia Palm
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Golden Manila Palm
- Palms and Cycads
- Palmae or Coconut family
Veitchia Merrillii, commonly referred to as the Christmas Palm or Manila Palm, hails from the Philippines. It's recognized for its slender trunk and feather-like fronds, with bright red fruits resembling ornamental Christmas decorations.
- Location: Choose a location with full sun to partial shade. The palm thrives in bright sunlight but can handle light shade.
- Soil: Prefers well-draining soil. Sandy loam with a bit of organic matter is ideal.
- Spacing: If planting more than one, space them 6-10 feet apart to allow room for growth.
- Watering: Regular watering is essential when the palm is young. Once established, it's moderately drought-tolerant.
- Fertilizing: Use a balanced slow-release palm fertilizer 2-3 times a year.
- Temperature: It can tolerate temperatures down to about 30°F (-1°C). However, it's best suited for warmer, tropical climates.
- Propagation: Generally propagated by seeds. Fresh seeds tend to germinate within a month or two.
- Pruning: Trim off dead or brown fronds to keep the palm looking tidy.
- Pests: Watch out for typical palm pests like spider mites, mealybugs, and whiteflies. Regularly inspect and treat as necessary.
- Diseases: The palm is relatively disease-resistant. However, always ensure proper watering techniques to prevent root rot.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Its elegant structure and ornamental red fruits make it a popular choice for landscaping in tropical and subtropical regions.
- Size: Being a medium-sized palm, it's suitable for smaller gardens or patios.
- Low Maintenance: Once established, it requires minimal care compared to other palm varieties.
- Environment: Like other trees, it aids in improving air quality by absorbing CO2.