Watsonia meriana, W. meriana var. bulbillifera, W. bulbillifera, Antholyza meriana,Wild Bugle Lily, Wild Watsonia, Bulbil Watsonia
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Wild Bugle Lily, Wild Watsonia, Bulbil Watsonia
- Lilies & Bulbous plants, Groundcovers, Shrubs
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowers, Foliage
- Flowering season:
- September, October, November, December
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 50 cms to 100 cms
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 50 cms to 100 cms
- Plant Form:
- Spreading, Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Good for Cut flowers
- Good for Edges ie very small hedge or border
- Attracts butterflies
- Attracts bees
- Animals will not eat
- Suitable for road median planting
- Grows best in cooler regions
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Less than a hundred, Old variety plants may be difficult to get
- - Native to South Africa.
- Wild Bugle Lily is an erect perennial herb forming large clumps.
- Quite similar to gladiolus, it has strap-like leaves, slender reddish flowering stems 0.5-2 m high, pink, orange or red flowers, underground corms and clusters of small corms on the stems.
- Leaves and flowering heads are produced annually. Stems, bearing 10-15 flowers on the main axis, are straight, erect, rigid, up to 3 cm in diameter and 2 m tall, often maroon to red in colour, unbranched or with 6 to 8 short branches.
- Brown spiky clusters of cormils form at nodes along the stems. Leaves are 20-80 cm long, 2-5 cm wide, light green, rigid, upright, shaped like the blade of a sword, tough, fibrous, growing in clusters of 6-10 united at the base like a fan.
- - A relatively easy plant to grow.
- Does best in cool climates.
- Plants quickly form large clums.
- Can be grown in pots as well as the ground.
- Plants require well drained moderate to fertile garden soils.
- Plants can be allowed to dry out between waterings.
- Application of manures in the warm growing season is recommended.