Buy Beautiful Variegated Wrightia religiosa Plant Online Today
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Wrightia Variegata
- Trees, Shrubs
- Apocynaceae or Plumeria or Oleander family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- April, May, June, July
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Foliage color:
- Variegated, Green, White
- Plant Height or length:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 50 cms to 100 cms
- Plant Form:
- Spreading, Upright or Erect
- -Wrightia religiosa variegata, also known as the variegated Indian ink plant or variegated water pearl, is a variegated cultivar of the species Wrightia religiosa. It is an evergreen shrub or small tree that can grow to a height of about 15-20 feet. The leaves are oval and glossy, with cream or yellow variegation along the edges or throughout the leaf. The plant produces small, white, star-shaped flowers in clusters. It is often used as an ornamental plant and can be grown in a range of soils and climates, including tropical, subtropical, and semi-arid regions. It prefers full sun to partial shade and moderate water. Pruning is necessary to keep the plant bushier. It's a popular bonsai material and also used as hedge. It can be propagated by semi-hardwood cuttings or air layering.
Wrightia religiosa variegata is a relatively low-maintenance plant, but it does require proper care to thrive. Here are some tips on how to care for the plant:
Light: It prefers full sun to partial shade. If grown in partial shade, the variegation may be less pronounced.
Water: The plant should be kept consistently moist, but not waterlogged. It's a drought tolerant plant but regular watering will help it to produce more flower.
Soil: It prefers well-drained soil that is rich in organic matter. The pH of the soil should be slightly acidic to neutral.
Temperature: It is tolerant to a wide range of temperatures, however it may not tolerate frost, so it's best to protect it from the cold.
Fertilizer: Feed the plant with balanced organic fertilizers during the growing season (spring and summer) will help to produce more flowers.
Pruning: Regular pruning will keep the plant bushier and promote new growth. Prune the plant after it has finished flowering to shape it and maintain its size.
Pest & Disease: It's quite resistant to pests and diseases, however watch out for spider mites, scale insects and mealybugs.
By following these care tips, your Wrightia religiosa variegata should grow healthy and bloom well.