Grow Your Own Delicious Jackfruit with Our Yellow Jackfruit Plant
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Original price Rs. 599.00
Current price Rs. 549.00
- Jack Fruit, Phanas Seedlings
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Phanas, Sanskrit - Panasa, Telugu - Panasa, Hindi - Kathal, Bengali - Kanthal, Tamil - Pilapalam, Gujarati - Vanas, Kannada - Halasu
- Fruit Plants, Trees, Vegetable, Medicinal Plants
- Moraceae or Fig family
1. Introduction to the Yellow Jackfruit Plant
Yellow jackfruit, also known as Artocarpus heterophyllus, is a tropical fruit native to South Asia. It is a large, evergreen tree that belongs to the Moraceae family. The fruit is well-known for its distinct taste, large size, and numerous health benefits.
2. Plantation and Soil Requirements
- Location: Yellow jackfruit thrives in tropical and subtropical climates, with temperatures ranging from 15°C to 35°C (59°F to 95°F).
- Soil: The plant prefers well-draining, loamy soil with a pH of 6.0 to 7.5.
- Spacing: Space young trees at least 8-10 meters (26-33 feet) apart to allow for growth and proper air circulation.
3. Growing and Propagation
- Seeds: Germinate fresh jackfruit seeds in a seedling tray with a moist soil mix. Transplant seedlings into individual pots once they reach 15-20 cm (6-8 inches) in height.
- Grafting: Grafting is a popular method to ensure fruit quality and faster fruit production. Choose a healthy, disease-free scion and rootstock for the best results.
4. Care and Maintenance
- Watering: Water jackfruit trees regularly to maintain consistent soil moisture, especially during the dry season.
- Fertilization: Apply organic compost or a balanced slow-release fertilizer every 3-4 months to promote growth and fruit production.
- Pruning: Prune annually to remove dead, diseased, or crowded branches and maintain a manageable tree size.
- Pest and Disease Control: Monitor for pests like mealybugs, fruit flies, and scale insects. Use organic or chemical controls if necessary. Regularly inspect for diseases such as anthracnose, root rot, and powdery mildew.
5. Harvesting and Storage
- Harvesting: Yellow jackfruit typically ripens within 3-4 months after flowering. Harvest when the fruit emits a sweet aroma and the exterior becomes slightly soft.
- Storage: Store ripe jackfruit in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Cut fruit can be stored in airtight containers or plastic wrap to maintain freshness.
6. Health Benefits of Yellow Jackfruit
- Rich in Nutrients: Yellow jackfruit is high in vitamins A, C, and B-complex, as well as minerals like potassium, magnesium, and iron.
- Antioxidants: The fruit contains powerful antioxidants that help protect the body from free radicals and inflammation.
- Fiber: Jackfruit is a great source of dietary fiber, supporting healthy digestion and promoting a feeling of fullness.
- Vegan Protein Source: The edible seeds are a good source of plant-based protein, making jackfruit an excellent option for vegetarians and vegans.